Friday, July 30, 2010

This Summer Plan a Block Clean Up on Your Street-

This month as part of my community project for school, I decided to organize a block clean up. With the help of my neighbors we made our block even better. I walked door to door and talked to my neighbors about doing the clean up and picked a time that worked for the most people. I got trash bags and gloves from Keep Indianapolis Beautiful. I brought out snacks and drinks if people got hungry or thirsty. I got some tools from the garage. Many of my neighbors also brought out tools like shovels and wheel barrows. My neighbor Brad let us use his truck to put trash, weeds, and dirt in, this helped a lot. After an afternoon of hard work we had a party to celebrate the success of a clean street. It was really a lot of fun and we all feel better having done it.
Sam Ryan

No comments: